– Theme nights, meetings and debates:
If you discover that you have feelings for someone of the same sex, it could change your life. Beautiful feelings…, but also exciting!, because homosexuality within the Muslim culture is still a big taboo! And this also applies to a greater or lesser extent to many people with a different ethnic background. And if your family finds out, you can be put on the street and maybe you run more risks. If you would like to talk about it with someone or need shelter, feel free to contact us.
To learn more about how you can shape your life as a LGBT and to better deal wit it in daily life, Secret Garden organizes every month a major theme night. At all evenings one or more guest speakers are invited to discuss a specific topic with the visitors
We also offer:
– Dutch Course & Tutoring
– Course IT & ICT (computer / Windows / Internet / hard-software etc.
– Courses for creative people to develop their talents
– Organizing HIV / AIDS and STD education, handing out condoms and organizing thematic meetings on safe sex, etc.
Secret Garden Foundation also organizes meeting nights in a multicultural atmosphere. On these evenings a large variety of music is being played from various Islamic countries in combination with world music.
During these meeting evenings, special attention is paid to other ongoing activities which our group organizes during the week (information about weekly consultation hours, on the theme nights, about AIDS / STD etc.).
These evenings “The Secret Garden Club” are also an excellent opportunity for handing out leaflets and free condoms and providing safe sex education. For example, in the form of a performance.
Our meeting nights are open to everyone, family, friends etc. – regardless of age, nationality, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender, or religion.
– You live in Amsterdam or somewhere else and you know nothing about the gay scene?
– You want to meet peers; Muslim or from another ethnic-cultural background?
– You need information about homosexuality within migrant communities, particularly within the Muslim community?
– You are looking for social assistance, or you have any other question? Please contact us. There is always someone who would like to answer your questions. (see contact)